Babies

Babies

Momma

Momma

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tough Times...

Sunday night Brandon got a hysterical call from his sister, Chuck (their step dad) had collapsed and turned purple instantly. His mom heard him hit the floor & rush in. She & his sister both tried to revive him, the ambulance came & did all they could the whole way to the hospital. They didn't think he was going to make it. We put the dogs up, packed a bag and jumped in the car. When we got about 10 minutes away, his sister called and said that they were at the hospital and that Chuck hadn't made it. He had a massive heart attack, the doctors said that even if he had been at the hospital on the table and they had all the equipment in hand, they wouldn't have been able to save him because it was so massive and so quick. This week has been crazy... Brandon was there all week helping his mom deal with her loss and all the paperwork that needed to be handled and I did a lot of driving back and forth to be with them and take care of the pups! Advice I can offer from this experience... get a will, get a big ass insurance policy and put all the important paperwork in one place.

2 comments:

amyploss said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brandon's loss!! Good advice on the big ass insurance policy and putting everything in one place...a place that others know about is always a good idea. I will be thinking about you guys!! luv ya!

Paige said...

Our thoughts and prayers are still with y'all. It was nice to see y'all, I hate it was under those circumstances. We're gonna plan a get-together soon! Love Y'all!! :)